יום חמישי, 21 בספטמבר 2017

215. IL24TE 2017

Hello,

My ride report of the IL24TE of 2017.


The IL24TE is the Israeli 24 Hours Timed Event.
It's a set of time trials of 24 hours, 12 hours, or 6 hours.
The official web site is here, and it has additional information to what's written below.



There was only one other rider, who also rode unsupported, so we both rode on the official date.
We both rode 12 Hours.


I didn't train in any special way to this ride.
I didn't want "a record," just to enjoy the challenge and the ride.
I decided to ride it "Randonnee Style," with no support, and relying on a fuel station convenience store and some stuff in a car that was parked there.
The bike I used was my do-it-all bike, made of round steel tubes, S&S couplers, and no aerobars. Standard aluminum wheels with 32 spokes each. Similar technology to what Eddy Merckx had in the early 1970's. And, as usual, I rode with sandals.
Before the ride I said that 300 km would be nice.

I fitted 3 water bottles of 1 liter each, to minimize the stops.
I didn't add anything to the bike that's not on it in my weekend rides, or a brevet up to and including 300 km.


I arrived about 30 minutes before the official start, which was at 18:00. I bought a sandwich, and ate it leisurely.
Mordechai, the other rider, arrived soon after me, and started to get ready.
He used a TT bike, very high end. I took a pic and tweeted a comparison.


We had a selfie at the start, and we were off.

The 1st lap was quick, in under an hour.
The 2nd lap was a little slower, a little over an hour.
I stopped for a short call of nature on the 3rd lap, which took a little more than an hour (less than an hour riding time.)
On the 4th lap the wind had changed, and it was 2-3 minutes slower than the previous.
I stopped for a sandwich after the 4th lap.
I tried to be quick, but it took me more than 16 minutes.

I started the 5th lap slowly, and it was a very slow lap. More than 3 minutes slower than the 4th.
The 6th lap was 3 minutes quicker, like the 4th lap.
The 7th lap was slow again.
The 8th lap was slowest.
I decided to stop for another sandwich.

Mordechai was there, saying he also rode 8 laps, and decided to call it a day,
so I did too.

We both rode 220.8 km.

With the long stops for sandwiches, I don't believe I could ride 300 km that day.
I need to eat the food I carried, and eliminate one stop.

Tal.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה